Irene Katzias- Evergreen Woods Supernova Winner 2020

The Supernova Award is the highest individual honor that our company gives and each year, one individual on the leadership team at Evergreen Woods is voted as the community’s Supernova. The winner of this award is voted on by their colleagues and the honor is bestowed upon them at the company’s yearly Annual Meeting.

The criteria for voting are based on upholding our company’s mission to be caring professionals dedicated to quality services. Additionally, this individual will consistently deliver excellent customer service (to Members and colleagues), lead positively with integrity, take accountability, put the team before themselves and will embody the company’s vision to create communities where people live longer, healthier, and happier lives.

This year, we are proud to congratulate our Social Director, Irene Katzias as the recipient of the 2020 Evergreen Woods Supernova Award. This honor was bestowed during the Evergreen Woods Supernova Celebration on Tuesday August 11th at The Reis Room of Evergreen Woods.

Irene Katzias grew up with an affinity for planning parties for friends and family. From holidays to her own Quinceanera; event planning was a hobby that turned into her career. “As I got into my professional career as an event planner I had great opportunities to plan large scale conventions, weddings, college orientation weeks, private occasions, and fairs” says Katzias. Her goal as an event planner has always been to create community. When she saw that Evergreen Woods was hiring for a Social Director almost two years ago, it seemed too good to be true. She joined the team at Evergreen Woods in early 2019 and shortly after starting she knew that she had found a place where she could put her party planning skills to great use, planning events with endless possibilities. “My time here has been very rewarding, and I am just getting started.”

Interview with Irene Katzias

How do you feel being chosen as the Evergreen Woods Supernova?
I am honored and humbled to receive this award. I respect and admire my team members and learn from them every day. To be recognized by them with such compassionate words is overwhelming. I feel very blessed to have this support here at Evergreen Woods.

In your position, how do you fulfill the company’s Guiding Principles (People First Always, We Exist To Serve Our Members and We Have A Responsibility to be Full)?
“Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:6-7. You can only plan your day 75% “your job” and leave the other 25% ready to assist others and solve any issues that may arise. I know my role is to plan and implement programs and events, but that is not what I was called to do. If I am serving others every day and putting people first, then I am doing what I was called to do.

Irene Katzias - Supernova Winner 2020

What do you want people to know about living at a retirement community?
Retirement?! More like a vacation! It is about living out your life to the fullest. Whether it is learning archery, going on a kayak adventure, or making lifelong friends at happy hour; every day is an opportunity to be the best day of your life.

“If I am serving others every day and putting people first, then I am doing what I was called to do.”

Positions that are eligible to vote and win the Supernova Award include: HR Director, Business Manager, Assistant Business Manager, Care Services Administrator, Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Resident Care Director, Lifestyle Advisor, Lifestyle Advisor – Care Services, Move-In Coordinator, Social Director, Activity Director, Wellness Director, Director of Facility Services, Director of Dining Services, Executive Chef, Client Services Manager (Live Long Well Care).