Evergreen Woods of North Branford, CT
Evergreen Woods provides a full spectrum of services for Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Units, and is staffed by a full complement of qualified individuals dedicated to providing outstanding services. The Retreat is Evergreen Woods’s home to a wonderful group of friends and neighbors who’ve moved here for three basic reasons: 1– to receive assistance with the day to day tasks of living, 2– enjoy a higher quality of life and 3-participate in Rehabilitation after a hospital stay.
We offer physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy, both for Members of our community as well as outside guests.
Through on-site Rehabilitation Services, we can treat patients with a variety of conditions. We help you with the healthy aging process, but also treat more complex diagnoses such as stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, dementia, low vision, dysphasia, lymphedema, post surgical joint replacement, pain management, and more.
Physical therapy restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. Individualized therapeutic treatment may include:
- Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range-of-motion
- Wound care
- Pain management
Evergreen Woods is a 5-star rated community. Enjoy the peace of mind that you or your loved one is truly cared for, in a certified top-rated community, dedicated to their support and care.
Occupational therapy assists individuals with adapting to their social and physical environment. Therapists enhance patient functionality through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement
Speech-language pathologists address communication and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for individual needs, such as:
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including programs for the hearing impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations
Evergreen Woods offers the most aggressive, most competitive Short-Term Rehab services in the area. The focus is on you – your outcomes, your goals and returning you home stronger than you were before.
- Improve Walking – Ability, quality & tolerance
- Improve balance
- Decrease fall risk
- Improve functional mobility & safety
- Pain relief
- Skin integrity/Edema
- Increase communication skills
- Improve reading, writing, listening, speaking and comprehension
- Improve ability to follow directions
- Improve quality of speech
- Address breath support